- 1/4 cup protein powder I used chocolate plant based
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or you can mash in 1 banana (this is just for sweetness)
- 6 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
For the glaze
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup (add a little then taste and continue until it taste they way you like it)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Use a small doughtnut press to make your life easier and painless 🙂 or you can make in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-count donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add your wet ingredients, and mix until a thick batter remains. If it is too thick, add extra milk.
- Transfer your batter into a ziplock bag. Cut one corner of it and distribute the batter evenly amongst the donut holes. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, glaze them.
- To make the Glaze: Melt the chips and coconut oil together in the microwave. Once melted add the extract and maple syrup slowly and continue to taste until its what you like.
- Next, gently remove them from the pan and dip them in the glaze.
- Place in freezer for glaze to harden for about 15-20 min
- Top with sprinkles or any topping of your choice
* TO STORE: Donuts should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week
Serving: 1donut | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 6g